Linking up with Courtney, Mar and Cynthia for their Friday prompt: 5 things 5 years from now. The past five years have been full of a ton of life changes – I went back to grad school and got my MBA, moved to Baltimore with my boyfriend, got engaged, got married, got a dog and started a new job. I’m not envisioning quite as many big changes in the next five, in fact I’m sure that most things will stay the same. Here’s a little peak into my life in the year 2020…
1. Jack – they say dogs are man’s best friend for a reason, Jack is the bomb and I’m more than a little obsessed with him. Jack is two and acts like a perpetual puppy and Adam and I joke that he is a miracle dog who will live for 50 years. I like to think maybe he’ll have mellowed a bit, but he’ll still be snuggling with us on the couch every night.
2. Jeanette – we met 10 years ago this fall as randomly assigned roommates our freshman year of college. We quickly became besties and nothing’s going to change that over the next five years. In my dream world we’re still living around the corner from each other, but I’d settle for living in the same city. 🙂
3. Adam – in March of 2020 we’ll be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary! Google tells me that the traditional five year wedding anniversary gift is wood so maybe he’ll get me this cool Maryland Flag art. Hint hint.
4. Baltimore – I really hope we’ll still be living in the city. We’re renting now, but ideally we will be able to buy a place in our neighborhood. We love Otterbein – it’s super dog friendly and feels neighborhood-y and we can still walk to tons of bars and restaurants, our offices and the stadiums.
5. Kid(s)?! – Absolutely crazy to think that five years from now we might have a kid (or two?!)! Only time will tell on this one…
I was tempted to make one of those baby face mash ups with pictures of me and Adam for a visual but thought it was better to leave this one up to the imagination.
Cheers to the next five years!! Can’t wait to see what’s in store!