Happy Friday, everyone! This Friday Five is brought to you by my scatterbrain that just wants to go outside and play. ::looks longingly out the window::
- I have GOT to get to a farmer’s market this weekend! I’ve been so busy lately I haven’t gotten to one yet this season, but I love a good excuse to wake up early, soak in the sunshine, pick up a breakfast sammy and get my veggies for the week. I think I might head to the Baltimore Museum of Industry’s farmer’s market after Dance2Fitness on Saturday, but the market under the JFX on Sundays is always a good option, too.
- Looking forward to the Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival next weekend! I sort of wish I opted for the 5K + crabfest ticket, but let’s be honest… when the time arrives, I’ll just want my crabs, sans three-mile sweatfest beforehand.
- My sister will be in town in a few weeks and I’ve been trying to brainstorm some fun things to do with her that aren’t your typical tourist activities. She’s a UMD alum and has been to Baltimore several times before, so she’s already done the Inner Harbor tourist-trap thang. I’m thinking Mount Vernon Marketplace and duckpin bowling. Any other must-do activity ideas?
- Want all-you-can-drink beer + a chance to win a trip to an adult camp in Colorado? Baltimore Social is throwing an end-of-season party next Thursday, June 23. It’s free if you played in the league this season, but if not, register online and pay $10 at the door. The event includes free beer, a flip cup tourney (winner gets free camp registration), sailing regatta, cornhole and more.
- I’m sad I haven’t gotten to any WTMD First Thursday concerts yet, and it looks like I’ll be out of town for their July concert as well! If you’re around, definitely plan to head to the Canton Waterfront on the first Thursday of the month (through September) for a free concert with incredible bands handpicked by Baltimore radio station WTMD.
What are you all excited about this summer? Let us know what’s going on in the comments! I’ll leave ya with a summer jam.
Linking up with Heather for Friday Faves.