Friday is finally here and I am so ready for the weekend! It has been quite a week at work and I am looking forward to brunch with family on Saturday and an Oscars party on Sunday. The weather is supposed to be absolutely fantastic so a long walk around the city is also on the agenda. I’m confident in saying that I’m not the only one excited about the weather getting warmer – as springtime comes to Baltimore there are a lot of great events coming up:
- Light City Baltimore – March 28 – April 3. I’ve mentioned it before, but I’m pretty stinking excited for Light City. Performers, musicians and light installations will be taking over downtown but that’s not all, there are also a series of innovation conferences focusing on social change, sustainability, health technology and more.
- Spring Bocce Season – Bocce is baaack. Jeanette got the old team back together and we are pumped to spend time outside throwing balls and throwing back beers. Today is the LAST day to get the early bird discount when you sign up for spring season with Baltimore social sports.
- St. Patrick’s Day 5k – Jeanette and I are running the race and plan on sporting some fun St. Paddy’s gear. Also fun? The after party at Power Plant Live.
- Baltimore Orioles Opening Day – The O’s return to Birdland April 4th to kick off baseball season. I’m too cheap to spring for opening day tickets, but I already have a few games circled in my calendar like canvas tote giveaway day on May 7. If you’re heading to a game, be sure to check out Jeanette’s tips on how to save money at Camden Yards.
- Maryland Primary Election – Woohoo civic duty! This year’s primary is double duty – not only it is a presidential election year, but there’s also a highly contested mayoral race. Since Baltimore is predominately democratic, the democratic primary is extra important (one could argue even more important than the general election). So make sure you’re registered to vote and show up at the polls April 26. And do your research on the candidates so you’re an educated voter!
And that’s all I’ve got for today, bring on the weekend!