Hello friends and congratulations for making it through the first week of 2016! I have to admit, I feel like I cheated quite a bit since I was on vacation in Florida now only have a two day work week. I’m easing into 2016, okay? And so I’m including a Florida picture just because. Look at that view!
Riffing off of Jeanette’s New Resolutions post, I’m highlighting five goals for the year to hold myself accountable.
- Read more. As much as I love to read, it’s just too easy to get sucked into the TV or Netflix at night. I want to make a better effort to turn off the television and get lost in a good book. My friend invited me to join her monthly book club and I’m really looking forward to our first meeting to discuss All the Light We Cannot See.
- Run a 10k. I ran a few 5k races in 2015 and am trying to set a more ambitious goal for myself this year. I’m planning on running the Shamrock 5k in March as a tune up (and hoping to convince Jeanette to run with me) and then the Sole of the City 10k in April. I know I’ll be going slow and steady, but the goal is just to complete it.
- Travel to Europe with Adam. In five years of dating and almost one year of marriage, we’ve never traveled abroad together and it is my number one goal for 2016. We’re hoping to go in the fall and are planning to spend time in Paris and Barcelona with a couple of day trips to smaller towns.
- Plan something special for our first anniversary. We’re only nine months in, but I think it’s safe to say that the first year of marriage has been awesome so far. As our anniversary approaches in March, I know I want to plan something memorable for us to do to mark the occasion. Our anniversary falls during Light City Baltimore, a festival of art and light installations, which will make the perfect backdrop for our celebration.
- Learn to use my DSLR. My camera was a gift from my parents when I graduated from business school back in 2014 and I’ve been using it on auto ever since. 2016 is the year of the camera!
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? What are your goals for the year?