Hope everyone had an absolutely fabulous Thanksgiving spent with loved ones and good food! We enjoyed a delicious meal with my mom’s family in South Carolina and tomorrow we’ll make the eight hour drive back to Baltimore (please send good traffic vibes our way). Even though I’m out of town, I thought today would be the perfect time to recap some of the little things I’m thankful for in Charm City.
- Everyone says that Baltimore is a city of neighborhoods, each with their own intimate communities and unique features. Well, one of my favorite things in our neighborhood is this goose statue that sits on my neighbor’s stoop. The goose has a number of handmade outfits and is always dressed for the occasion. It makes me smile every time I see the goose rocking a new look.
- Walking to work. After three years relying on DC metro and another year driving from Baltimore to Washington, I am so so so grateful to be able to walk to work. Mental health-wise it is SUCH a game changer and I love being completely in charge of my commute.
- Family dinners with my in-laws (like last week’s epic feast at the Prime Rib for Adam’s birthday). It’s so nice to live close to my husband’s family and we love getting together for meals at their house or out in the city.
- How Baltimore is so dog-friendly. With many dog parks, doggie daycares and the best animal shelter, BARCS, Jack is one spoiled little pup. He loves going to the Locust Point dog park, running around like a maniac and making friends with all the other little mutts.
- Living around the corner from my bff and co-blogger, Jeanette. I’m grateful that she’s just a short walk away allowing for plenty of hang out sessions on the couch, trips into Fed for drinks and attending events together like the monument lighting in Mt. Vernon and Baltimore Mag’s Bar Bash.
What are you thankful for?