Want to see Book of Mormon on the cheap? The Hippodrome Theater is offering up a lottery system where you can enter your name before each performance, cross your fingers, and hope to win DEEPLY discounted $25 tix!
Here’s how to play:
- Get to the Hippodrome box office two-and-a-half hours before the performance.
- Fill out a card with your name and how many tickets you want (1 or 2).
- Two hours before the performance, they’ll pick enough winners to hand out 20 tickets.
- If you’re one of the lucky 20, you’ll be able to buy $25 tickets (cash only!!!).
- If you don’t win, you’ll still be able to buy discounted tickets for $45.
- You don’t have to get to the box office exactly two-and-a-half hours early. If you time it right, you can show up 10 minutes before the drawing, enter your name, and wait for them to announce the winners. Just be sure your name is entered before the drawing–they wait for no one.
- Maximize your chances by bringing a buddy. You both can enter for two tickets, therefore doubling your chances!
Alas, K & I tried our luck last night and didn’t win. We ended up drowning our sorrows in wine and pizza at Forno, the cute little Italian place across the street. Highly recommend hitting up their happy hour, which runs til 7 and includes $3 off pizzas, $3 beers, and $5 house wines.
Book of Mormon runs through November 15 at the Hippodrome Theater, Eutaw Street, Baltimore.