WOW did October fly by or what?! I can’t believe we’ll be setting our clocks back and saying Rabbit Rabbit again on Sunday. Here are the five things I’m looking forward to in November:
- University of Maryland Homecoming – as a two time UMD Grad, I love all things Terp related and won’t miss the chance to go back to my alma mater for a tailgate. The Maryland football team has been pretty underwhelming this year, but nothing beats the feel of game day on campus and catching up with college and grad school friends.
- Adam’s Birthday – Adam turns 28 in a couple of weeks and I am eager to take him out to celebrate. Last year we celebrated his birthday with meals at Woodberry Kitchen, Mintwood Place and La Scala. How can we top that?
- Turkey – every Thanksgiving we head down to South Carolina to spend the holiday with family. For the past few years an added guest has tagged along (see photo at top of post). The original turkey balloon was given to me by a friend attending my and J’s annual Pilgrim and Indian party and once I brought it with me on our road trip and tweeted his journey, it became a yearly staple. Follow Turkey’s adventures on twitter with the hashtag #TurkeyGoesSouth
- Book of Mormon at the Hippodrome – I’ve already seen it, but I’m excited for you to go see it. The hilariously inappropriate musical runs from November 3-15. Get your tickets NOW! And since it’s at the Hippodrome, you can get dinner at Ale Wife, one of our fave bars, before the show.
5. Charm City Room Escapes – apparently “escape rooms” are the rage these days and I can’t wait to give it a try! In this version in Catonsville, you are trapped in a room with a zombie and you have 60 minutes to solve the clues and get out of the room, all the while the zombie is trying to get closer to you! There’s a LivingSocial deal right now where you can get your ticket for $19 instead of the usual $28.
What are you looking forward to this November?