If you’re like me, you probably have a long list of things you’ve been meaning to check out but never seem to get around to. A few Baltimore museums are on that list for me, which is why I was excited to see that the Smithsonian magazine is hosting Museum Day Live this Saturday, September 26. In the spirit of the Smithsonian museums, which are free every day, multiple museums around the city (and country!) will be opening their doors to visitors at no charge. If that’s not a reason to get off your couch and into an exhibit, I don’t know what is.
Participating museums in Baltimore include:
- Baltimore Museum of Art (yes, this one’s free every day)
- Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum
- Homewood Museum (JHU-affiliated)
- Evergreen Museum & Library (JHU-affiliated)
- The Maryland Historical Society
- Carroll Mansion
- Benson-Hammond House (Located in Linthicum)
NOTE: You have to secure tickets ahead of time, so head over to the Museum Day Live site now to claim yours. The offer is good for two people per household, and you can only download a ticket to one museum.
Are any of these on your bucket list? Lemme hear it in the comments!