This crazy busy week flew by and I haven’t yet had a chance to recap my recent vacation to Bethany Beach. The weather was mediocre, but the company was fabulous and we had a great time doing your typical beachy activities. Below are my five favorites:
- Beach time – playing paddle ball, building sand castles, venturing into the waves, playing with baby nephew. Whenever the sun was shining, we were posted up in the sand outside our condo.
- Ice Cream – my first trip to Dumser’s which is apparently an Ocean City institution. I had banana ice cream topped with peanut butter and was pretty much in heaven.
- Coffee – morning walks for coffee were necessary. Walked to Dunkin’ twice for my fave iced coffee and one morning walked into town and went to the Artful Bean where I got a delicious iced caramel machiato and a breakfast sammy with egg, provolone, zucchini, onion, red peppers and spinach on seven grain bread.
- Mini Golf – in my husband’s family a trip to the beach is not complete without some Old Pro miniature golf. We checked out the dinosaur course and placed some wagers (losers buy winners ice cream at the aforementioned Dumser’s). Two hole in ones led me to victory.
- Good food – our beach routine involved making sandwiches in the condo for lunch and post-beach wine and snacks cocktail hour before heading out to a nice dinner. We went to three great restaurants: Off the Hook, Nantucket and Blue Coast. I think Blue Coast was the clear winner of the three, but there was some debate. Stand out dishes: Scallops with cheesy grits and corn at OTH, quahog clam chowdah at Nantucket and cod with lobster creamed corn at Blue Coast (and the lobster mac and cheese and the tuna sashimi appetizer and the calamari and yes it was all good).
And with that trip, my summer officially comes to a close. What are your favorite beach activities?
Linking up with Heather for Friday Faves.