It has been hot, hot, hot in Baltimore and my favorite way to beat the heat is with a nice cold beverage. Thanks to Mar, Cynthia and Courtney for hosting a Friday Five linkup ALL about our choice summer libations.
1. I am a sucker for a good margarita paired with chips and salsa. Unfortunately they are like a million calories, luckily Papi’s Tacos in Fells has a skinny rita on the menu and it is fantastic! And the tacos aren’t half bad either.
2. Okay scratch what I said about calories, I make an exception for my beloved Strawberita. This Bud Light Lime beer margarita is not for everyone, it is wickedly sweet and quite alcoholic and most of my friends turn up their noses at it. I however happen to adore it and think a strawberita tall boy is the perfect drink for an afternoon picnic or day at the pool.
3. Back in high school, before I liked coffee, I would always order a frappuccino anytime we went to Starbucks. In the subsequent years I have hardly ever indulged in the frozen treat, but this summer I have been craving them like crazy! Adam and I both walk home from work and occasionally meet up at Starbucks for an evening “frappy hour”. I am all about the new s’mores flavor – have you tried it?!
4. I am a big fan of wit beers and summer is the best time to enjoy the lighter, slightly fruity taste of a Hoegaarden or Allagash White. My favorite beer bars in Baltimore: Max’s and Ale Wife. And when I want something even fruitier, Jeanette has got me hooked on Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy.
5. Good ol’ H2O. Obviously there is nothing more thirst-quenching and refreshing than a nice cold glass of water. I have definitely been getting my recommended eight glasses a day!
What (and where) have you been drinking this summer? Anyone know a good place to get a spiked lemonade in Baltimore?