Good morning, Baltimore! There is just too much fun stuff going on for me to stick to a coherent, linear blog post so we are linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursdays. Here is what I’m thinking about…
- How beautiful it is today! No humidity, warm but a little breezy. Walking the dog was a joy this morning. Now if only I could spend the day outside by the pool instead of at work…
- This hilarious Pitch Meeting for Wishbone Toast post. I was a big fan of the PBS show with the literature loving Jack Russell so this article has me dying laughing.
- My yogurt bowl breakfast this morning is hitting the spot. I go through phases of liking Greek yogurt or regular yogurt and I am firmly in a regular yogurt phase. Loving this vanilla yogurt, strawberries and granola.
- Baltimore restaurant week is coming up and I’ve been wondering where Adam and I should go this year. Our first nice dinner date was at Black Olive during restaurant week 2010 (also where Adam took me to dinner after he proposed!). We have also had great restaurant week experiences at Sotto Sopra and Jack’s Bistro. Any suggestions for where we should go this year?
- The Pluto flyby is blowing my mind. When we visited the Maryland Science Center a few weeks ago, I first learned about the New Horizons mission and just the fact that it was launched in 2006 and is now 3 BILLION miles away is incredible. I have loved reading all about Pluto and how the surface is way different than what the scientists expected. New Horizons isn’t done yet – it’s still sending back images of Pluto’s moons. Learn more here, here and here.
- To Kindle or not to Kindle. I love reading and am having a hard time letting go of the feeling of a physical book in my hands in favor of an e-reader. I think it may be time though as I like to read before bed and Adam is bothered by the light. Could I read my kindle without a light on? Any tips on the best one to get?
- The Kastles! I spent four years working for DC’s pro tennis team and I am heading down for tonight’s match. The job was crazy (not the least of which was the last year I spent commuting from Baltimore to DC) and my life is so much more balanced now, but I am definitely looking forward to returning tonight as a fan.
- I’m excited to go to the Kastles, but I am bummed I’m missing Seth MacFarlane who is performing with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra tonight. I have had a thing for Seth since he hosted the Oscars – he is so crazy talented! He’s funny, he sings and he wrote Ted! Ted! Hilarious.
- Funnel cake and the Maryland State Fair. I have never been to the fair in Timonium, but hope to check it out this year when it’s in town August 28 – September 7.
- Kinky Boots is coming to the Hippodrome this fall and I’m thinking about getting tickets. I’ve heard it is a really great show! Has anyone seen it? Book of Mormon is also coming which is amaaazing so if you haven’t seen it, definitely go!!
Okay that’s all I’ve got this morning. Have a great day everyone!